2007年5月28日星期一

book recipes

comments on some of the books read during spare time.

1. A first course in probability
Ross, Sheldon M.

An excellent book on fundermental concepts of probability with so many interesting examples which bring me good execises on logical reasoning.

2. Cg--A tutorial on Real-Time programming

A tutorial on GPU programming.
During my research on CV, I've found many researches turn to GPU programming for real-time performance of their algorithms, such as GPU-KLT, GPU-SIFT. The main idea is to put heavy burdons of computations to GPU in modern graphic cards which are quite suitable for parallel computing with special processing units, such as pixel and vetex shaders.

3. GPU Gems-- Programming Techniques, Tips, and Tricks for Real-Time Graphics

An good book for GPU programming tips and experience.
However it concers so much knowledge on computer graphics, e.g. lighting, shading, I am a little confused by these concepts. If having time, I'll read some books on computer graphic too.

4. Introduction to Algorithm(MIT)

As its title, this book gives me a good and through introduction to algorithms. Really helpful!

没有评论: